I sit at a computer every day at work, for 8 straight hours. Every now and then I just need to remind myself that there is a big beautiful world out there, and when I am off work I should get off my laptop and out to where the fun stuff is. So I am challenging myself to stay away from the computer as much as possible, though I will pop on my email daily to make sure I don't miss anyone trying to contact me, and probably read up on my favorite blogs once a week or two.
But I plan to be back full force in the fall. And in the meantime I am still planning to tackle some projects and do some cooking, and photograph it all so I can update you guys on it later.
A few things I am planning to undertake:
Around the house:
- Making a fabric faux headboard for my bed, using some awesome geometric dwell studio fabric
- Updating my hallway bench with the same fabric to complete my foyer transformation (as mentioned here)
- Completing my living room chair slip cover (as mentioned here)
- Updating my hallway storage closet with lots of functional shelving and hooks, and some major organization
- Creating more useful storage in my bedroom with custom shelves and jewelery hooks
- Making a big comfy floor pillow/pouf for my living room in some lively fabric
- I've been having a blast teaching myself to cook Thai food, so far I have made Tom Kha Guy soup, Pad Thai, and Mangoes with Sticky rice. It takes a while for me to get comfortable cooking with ingredients I haven't used before, but so far everything I have made has turned out good and not been hard to make at all. I will post some of these dishes in the fall.
- I've been daydreaming about a rustic peach or nectarine tart with reduced balsamic drizzle, will be making that soon for sure.
- I plan to explore a bit more with local foods, find great summer recipes for the fruits and vegetables that thrive in Boston's short summer season and rocky soil.
- And thanks to feedback from you guys when I posted my favorite recipe round ups during my blogaversary, I will definitely be aiming to post more vegetarian recipes!